Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Animal Conversation

This is Laura, the Banded Leaf Monkey.


This is Adeline, the Leaping Lemur.

  This is the polar bear, Nikisha and her two cubs. They live in the North Pole.

Global Warming
Once upon a time, in Planet Earth, there lived three best friends, a Banded Leaf Monkey whoose name was Laura. A Leaping Lemur named Adeline and a polar bear with cubs named Nikisha. Nikisha's cubs names were Furry and Pawy. Even though they lived in different parts of the world, their friendship can never be broken... ... But how did they got to know each other? They met each other while surfing the net. Ever since they knew each other, they started to send photos, postcards and more.

One sunny Monday morning, while Laura was surfing the net, Nikisha and Adeline were having a pleasent conversation. After a while, they decided to invite Laura into the conversation too. " Hi Nikisha and Adeline! It is getting hotter and hotter everyday, don't you realise?" asked Laura. " Well, it sure is getting hotter and hotter everyday here in Madagascar! Well, Laura, I also don't know why I have been losing part of my home day by day too! When I sleep at night, it is usually cool and nice, but ever since I have been losing my home, It got stuffer and stuffer and I can't sleep!" exclaimed Adeline. "Well friends, it is also getting hotter here in the North Pole. In winter I need the ice to hunt for ring seals to eat and feed my children, or they will starve. Actually my kids don't really eat solid food, they drink my milk that I produce, and if I don't eat, I cannot produce milk! I have been waiting for the ice to freeze in winter and I soon realise that I had been waiting longer and longer for the ice to freeze every year." said Nikisha. 

    "Friends," said Laura, "do you have any idea what is happening? I don't wanna die!" "Of course you don't want to die! Silly girl! I shall go check the internet for more information or what is happening around the world now and Nikisha, you and Laura continue the conversation. Ok?" said Adeline quickly. Nikisha said "Sure! I'll do." And so, Adeline went to search the internet, and asked the lemurs community club if they had any idea what is happening, and she soon found out what she wanted. "Guys!" said Adeline. " We are not guys!" said Laura in disgust. " Ok, whatsoever Laura! By the way, I got some bad news... ... What is happening to world now is Global Warming! And the main cause of it is humans!" "Ok, and why did you take 3 whole hours just to find so little information!" said Nikisha angrily. "Sorry, but Madagascar is huge, it is the fourth largest island in Planet Earth. What's more is that the community club is so far from my home, I took an hour to go there by foot and I found some infomation there and I also did a little research there. By the time I got home, it was three hours gone." said Adeline.     

"Global Warming is caused by greenhouse gases like methane and carbon dioxide that rises into the atmosphere and acts like a thick blanket. When sunlight and heat comes to Earth, these greenhouse gases traps the sun's heat, not letting them return to space. But of course, there must also be greenhouse gases in the atmosphere to keep this planet warm." said Adeline. "I see, so our enemies are humans then!" said the young Banded Leaf Monkey. " It is not as easy as you think, Laura because humans come in very huge numbers and they are strong, very strong and the three of us live in different places for a reason. Nikisha lives in the cold and I only lives in Madagascar." "I am tired," said Nikisha, "It is late, we should go to sleep, good night."

And so, after hearing this, the three friends thought hard about how to defeat humans, but they will never win the battle. Ever... ... Unless something is done to conserve these endangered species of animals, or else we will regret for not being able to see them again.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment